UN OCHA long-term report: humanitarian situation report


OCHA has published an in-depth report on the humanitarian crises in Gaza, as reported by UNRWA and OCHA. It doesn’t make for good bedtime reading.

High/lowlights (from an aid point of view):
* UN reports 51% of all Gaza’s power is provided by Israel and 7% by Egypt, total 58%
* Israel is providing enough fuel to power Gaza’s power station to 75-80% capacity, but not during past month

* UN calls for an immediate effort to build desalination plants and artificially recharge Gaza’s aquifer in order to provide water for Gaza’s residents